Do you know how beneficial Almonds are for your health?
* Health Benefits of Almonds
1. They reduce heart attack risk. Those who consume nuts five times a week have about a 50 percent reduction in risk of heart attack according to the Loma Linda School of Public Health. 2. They lower ‘bad’ cholesterol. Almonds added to the diet have a favorable effect on blood cholesterol levels.
3. They protect artery walls from damage. It was found that the flavonoids in almond skins work in synergy with the vitamin E, thus reducing the risk of heart disease.
4. Almonds help build strong bones and teeth. The phosphorus in almonds helps make this possible.
5. They provide healthy fats and aid in weight loss. Although nuts are high in fat, frequent nut eaters are thinner on average than those who almost never consume nuts.
6. Almonds lower the rise in blood sugar and insulin after meals.
7. They help provide good brain function. Almonds contain riboflavin and L-carnitine, nutrients that boost brain activity and may also reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
8. They nourish the nervous system. According to Ayurveda, almonds help increase high intellectual level and longevity.
9. They alkalize the body. Almonds are the only nut and one of the few proteins that are alkaline forming. When your body is not alkaline enough, you risk osteoporosis, poor immune function, low energy and weight gain.