Cranberries grow in the cooler regions of the world such as Canada, the United States and Europe. They have a tart taste, but they are loaded with antioxidants and many essential nutrients. There are many health benefits of cranberries, and you can make them a part of your daily diet by eating the whole berry, drinking the juice, or taking a supplement.
Here are some health benefits of cranberries.
- Treats Urinary Tract Infections- Cranberry juice can help block urinary tract infections. One glass of juice a day is all you need to prevent and heal urinary tract infections.
- Fights Cancer- Laboratory studies have shown that cranberry extracts can prevent breast cancer cells from multiplying. Other studies showed that cranberries helped to inhibit the development of cancerous cells in lab animals. Other cancers that may be prevented by using cranberries are colon, prostate and lung.
- Fights Heart Disease- Cranberries are very good for the heart in several different ways. They help to lower bad cholesterol levels which can clog arterial walls. They also help to prevent plaque from forming on arterial walls, which can lead to atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). As a result, your chances of a stroke are reduced, and if you have suffered from a stroke, cranberries can help you to recover from it.
- Helps Kidney and Bladder Problems- Cranberries contain citric acid and other nutrients that can prevent kidney stones, and other kidney and bladder problems.
- Prevents Dental Problems- Consuming cranberries on a regular basis can help you to avoid dental problems such as gingivitis, gum disease, cavities and plaque build-up.
- Promotes Weight Loss- Cranberries are high in antioxidants, which help to flush out your system. This in turn improves your metabolism and digestive system so that you can begin to lose weight faster.
- Anti-Aging Properties- The antioxidants contained in cranberries will help your body to get rid of all the free radicals which contribute to the aging process. They will not only help your skin to look young, but your internal organs will also be able to function longer without problems.
- Improves Mental Health- Cranberries can also help to lift your mood by relieving stress, anxiety and depression. Studies show that they are good for the brain, and can help to improve your memory.
- Strengthens the Immune System- The antioxidants work hard to flush out the harmful toxins that suppress the immune system. A strong immune system will ward off sickness or disease.
- Relieves Skin Conditions- Skin conditions such as acne, dermatitis, psoriasis and eczema can all be healed with the use of cranberries.
For optimum health benefits, consume fresh cranberries and make your own juice at home with a juicer, or opt for unsweetened, 100 percent pure cranberry juice.