Early Warning Signs Your Body’s Magnesium Levels are Dangerously Low Magnesium deficiency is a common problem for many people. The body usually contains about 1-2 ounces of magnesium in the bones, teeth, heart, brain and even in the blood. Every cell of the body requires this mineral in order to work properly—magnesium is responsible for more than 300 metabolic processes!
It’s a mineral vital to your health, but according to the USDA, nearly half of the population is suffering from magnesium deficiency. The recommended daily magnesium intake is 500-1000 mg. Common magnesium deficiency symptoms are facial twitches, blood clots, leg cramps, migraines, anxiety, irritability, depression, heart disease, unstable blood sugar levels, chronic fatigue, osteoporosis and insomnia. Proper magnesium intake can help you in cases of Alzheimer’s, and some studies suggest that low magnesium levels in the brain are related to Parkinson’s disease and its symptoms. Magnesium deficiency is also connected to chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome, among others.
When you lack magnesium, your body produces more insulin, so the extra glucose goes into the cells and causes inflammation. Include magnesium in your diet as soon as possible. It can be found in leafy green vegetables such as spinach or kale, but also in fish, avocados, dark chocolate, whole grains, legumes, nuts and different seeds. You can also take magnesium supplements, but if you’re using them, make sure they’re of the highest quality. A high quality magnesium supplement must contain the four cofactors: Glycinate, Malate, Taurinate and Orotate, as they are easily absorbed in the body and support organ functions more than any other form.
Here are the health benefits: MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE FOR YOUR MIND
• Manages anxiety, irritability, insomnia, concentration and hysteria
• Reduces laxative effect and doesn’t cause diarrhea
• Cures long-term deficiencies
• Reduces numbness, crying and depression
• Improves mental clarity and relaxes the mind MAGNESIUM OROTATE FOR THE BODY
• Improves performance in athletes
• Boosts DNA formation and repairs the heart MAGNESIUM MALATE FOR THE MUSCLES
• Treats fibromyalgia
• Soothes muscle fatigue
• Manages PMS and headaches
• Improves digestion
• Boosts energy levels MAGNESIUM TAURINATE FOR THE HEART
• Supports proper heart function
• Prevents migraines
• Subdues heart palpitations and arrhythmia.
Your magnesium supplement should also contain vitamin B6, which determines how much magnesium will be absorbed into the cells.